2 Corona Virus patients who refused to self-Isolate has been charged with attempted murder in South Africa

 The South African police have charged two men for attempted murder after they tested positive for the coronavirus and refused to isolate themselves.

Police minister Bheki Cele announced the charges on Wednesday during a press conference, saying:

“If you break these laws of regulations you are six months in or fined, or both.” 

He warned :

“Two people have been charged already… who deliberately moved around after they were told not to,”

“So it’s not a fairytale to say the law will act and act very harsh on you.”

The first case was a 52-year old salon owner diagnosed with coronavirus on 18 March and instructed to quarantine for at least 14 days.

READ ALSO:  Nigerian lady gives birth to quintuplets after 10 years of childlessness (Photos)

Police spokesperson, Vish Naidoo said local officials raised the alert on Tuesday after the man was seen around the western city of Ladysmith, in KwaZulu-Natal province.

READ ALSO:  Nigerian lady accuses her husband of sexually molesting their 9 month old son (video)

The second charge was filed against a male tourist who tested positive for Covid-19 while on holiday at Kruger National Park.

Naidoo said the man ignored instructions to remain in his hotel and went to the nearby town of Saint Lucia, where he interacted “with an unknown number of people”.

READ ALSO:  Lady shares chat with scammer who tried to dupe her of N10million


South Africa has 709 confirmed cases of corona virus so far.

Post Your Comment:

Your email address will not be published.