Ex-Italy international, Paolo Maldini and his son Daniel have tested positive for Coronavirus.
On Saturday 793 people were buried in Italy making the tally 4,825 deaths in the European nation.
Maldini is considered as a club legend at AC Milan after making 902 appearances for the Serie A giants over the course of 25 seasons, while his 18-year-old Daniel has recently broken into the first-team.
However, Milan told supporters that Maldini and Daniel are doing well and they are expected to make a full recovery.
Maldini who is currently AC Milan technical director said he became aware of contact with a person who subsequently tested positive for Corona virus and began to display symptoms of the virus too.
Maldini took a swab test on Friday and that the result came out positive also his son, Daniel, a forward in AC Milan’s youth team who had previously been training with the first-team tested positive.
In a statement from the club :
” Paolo and Daniel were both well and had already completed two weeks at home without contact with others.”
“They would now remain in quarantine until clinically recovered, as per the medical protocols outlined by the health authorities.”