Veteran Nigerian actor, Clem Ohameze has finally opened up about his encounter with hoodlums who attacked him in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State last week.
The actor revealed the valuables he lost and the severity of the attack while speaking in an interview with BBC Igbo.
According to Clem, he was on his way to a movie location at Abak Road on Thursday October 22, when he encountered the hoodlums.
He said initially he thought they were #EndSARS protesters, but was surprised when they attacked him after being identified.
Speaking with BBC Igbo, Clem disclosed thst they took his money, phones, damaged his car and also slashed his hand with a machete.
“It happened on Thursday in Uyo. The protesters, I ran into them. On recognizing me, they just didn’t want to bother. They took everything away from me.
“They took N650,000 from me, all my phones. Destroyed my car, slashed my hand with a machete. I did a police report when this happened. I was on Abak Road in Uyo. I went to work on a movie set of my own.” he said.
He also revealed that he has been in an Uyo hospital since Thursday and was discharged on Sunday October 25th.
He added that his attackers have pleaded guilty to assault to a police officer and are awaiting trial.
Listen to the audio conversation below;
View this post on Instagram
in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state’s capital. . . Speaking in an interview on BBC Igbo, the actor revealed that he was on his way to a movie location in Abak Road on Thursday October 22, when he was attacked by the hoodlums. . . Clem who said he initially thought they were #EndSARS protesters, said he was attacked by the hoodlums after being identified. He also revealed that they took his money, phones, damaged his car and also slashed his hand with a machete.